Buscar

lunes, 8 de octubre de 2012

Neon stars

The city's neon lights
are drawing a false sky
onto the lonely night.

I'm walking slowly down river
following the path neon stars
draw on top of dark water,
trying to find some love,
the last pool of warmth
in this cold city of glass.

The steps from my heels
break the silence,
the smile on my face is ripped,
my shoes are feeling tired
and my make up seems old,
my eyes are becoming blurry,
how long have I been alone?

Tears build a river of solitude
down the cheeks of hope,
they take away my remaining pride
and leave a scar of love.

You were the last to touch my heart,
the notes you played were sad,
but still there was a melody
now the silence inside me is scary,
dreadful, agonizing and empty,
is like I have no more feelings
left to sing.

So that's why I walk
down the path
neon stars draw,
a false sky
in this endless, starless night,
looking for some warmth
in this cold city of glass,
trying to fool my heart
with some wine, a kiss and a cup
of non existing romance
while I listen to some blues.

Oh, my soul is feeling blue
beneath the bright and cold neon stars.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario