Buscar

lunes, 14 de enero de 2013

A perfect picture

I close my eyes and picture a little house
is a little far and a little torn down,
it seems like life has come and gone from its door
but still it makes me feel warm as I call it home.

I picture a small cozy living-room
we are cuddling in the sofa laughing out loud
on tv an old cliche romantic comedy
is portraying small bits of our life long memories.

An outdated tune in playing on the radio
we look at each other and smile like fools,
you stand up and hold out your hand
"Shall we dance?"-you ask.

Even though years have gone
we still like to play like the kids we used to be,
we still like to fool around,
role playing silly lovers, sweet honeymoon bees.

From the corner of my eyes I catch the children peeking on us,
there's some sort of amusement and warmth in their nervous laughs
as they feel discovered and start to run.

I can hear their voices coming from the courtyard,
I sneek a pick out the window to catch up,
they are playing house as we used to do,
I wonder if they understand the feelings that are starting to grow.

I see one of them has your eyes and your tiny nose,
his hair a little untidy and curly as it was yours,
oh- I think- this must be our kid.

Oh- I realize- this must be our home.

But I open my eyes and everything comes crumbling down,
the last streams of the dream lost as the time flows,
the fantasy splashing on reality's shores,
I suddenly feel lonely, sad and cold.

I could really imagine the time ahead of us,
a future together, simple but so warm,
but you took a step on the other direction
and I became lost in our path,
now you'll never know
the picture I wished to draw,
the portrait I hung in my heart,
Now you'll never know...
the house I built will be kept untouched,
no laughing, no music and no courtyard
as in my heart
memories come swinging back,
a torn down mausoleum
haunted by the lifeline that never was.

With so many words left unsaid
a memory made up from whishes
is everything that stays,
the only thing you left behind.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario